Tuesday, March 20, 2007

What's On Your Mind

Steve Graham
Words and Music

Hey Babe what’s on your mind
If you’re thinking about love it’s about time
Come over here and bring me a bottle of beer

She said I guess I could but I won’t
Would if I wanted but I don’t
You can just get your own-self that beer

I said okay I think I’m clear
I’ll just get my own damn beer
Come over here Baby put your little hand on my knee

She said I don’t think you understand
You’re kind of dense even for a man
And you can just put your own hand on that knee

I said you think you’re pretty smart
Because you can hold a man by his heart
Come over here I’ll whisper in your ear

She said you have a one track mind
You’re always scheming and always trying
Why don’t you just nibble on your own ear

I said Hey Babe don’t be that way
What did I do what did I say
Come over here and make my dreams come true

She said I have a little quandary
Make your dreams come true or do the laundry
And as I recall your dreams, they’re all about you

I said you seem a little perplexed
Like you can’t decide what to do next
Come over here tell me what’s on your mind
She said if you think it’s about time
And you’re lookin’ lovin’ you’re out of your mind
You can do the laundry and I’ll have a glass of wine
She said you can do the laundry and bring me a glass of wine

I said Hey Babe don’t be that way
What can I do what can I say
You seem kind of tense; I’ll help you unwind

She said I have a little quandary
Make your dreams come true or do the laundry
Why don’t you wash the clothes and I’ll have a glass of wine

She said you can wash the clothes and bring me a glass of wine
You can do the laundry and bring me a bottle of wine

No comments:

Post a Comment